Benefits of a Content Writing Team, and Tips if You Plan To Write Your Own Content
October 15th 2021
At SilverServers, search engine optimization (SEO) is our business. We are specialists who provide content writing services to small and medium businesses. We are firm believers in the incredible benefits of blogging and creating fresh content on a regular basis. For some business owners, creating rankable content can be overwhelming and undesirable. In these cases, there are many benefits to collaborating with an external writing team.
Here are a few benefits of hiring a content writing team:
1. You don't have to worry about keeping up with a writing schedule. Blog posts should go up at least once per month. When you don't write every day, and you're busy running a business, time can get away from you. We see it often with clients who want to do their own blogs. They get a good start, but slowly lose focus on keeping up with the schedule as other priorities come up. You’ve got great ideas, but not enough time. With a team of writers working with you, we can take your ideas and produce engaging content that matters to your readers.
2. You can add to the baseline content we're adding regularly, instead of being the baseline, regular content. Instead of the entire writing schedule resting on your shoulders, you can add more specialized, knowledgeable, and lengthy articles at your own pace while your content writing team keeps your blog up-to-date.
3. You don't have to understand SEO. Although it may be helpful to you to have a baseline understanding of how content-for-SEO works, you don't have to keep up with the ever-changing rules or edit your own work to make it SEO friendly.
4. You have third-party editors for your content. It's hard to edit your own writing. No one here edits or reviews their own writing. We often ask for an external perspective on whether or not the content we write is valuable to someone who might be looking for it. At times it may also be hard to pick your own topics, or write/edit objectively about topics that matter to you. As a third party, an external writing team can be objective in topic selection, writing style, and editing when you need them to be.
Many business owners prefer to write their own content, and if they have the time, energy, and skills to pull it off, we encourage them to do so. As SEO specialists we help clients keep up with SEO recommendations on their blogs and provide tips and info to help them use their blogs as SEO tools. Our approach is to review data and create a customized plan for what to write (based on data/keyword trends we see over time). The blueprint for the article layout itself often depends on the topic and the best way we can find to write the topic, given our basic knowledge in the industry.
If you want to write your own blogs and want to maximize their effectiveness, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Blog posts should go up at least once per month. Ideally, if you're trying to rank outside of a small area, you'll need more content than just once per month. When we're talking about content we're talking about blogs/pages/articles or even product posts that have quality information that talks about the subject using a reasonable supply of industry terms and if possible, answers questions people are likely to ask.
2. It is also important to edit content. Content that is limited or does not cover topics in depth tends to be less effective. Content on regular pages is there to provide some value to a visitor and give you an opportunity to entice them with a sale or communication etc. If you want that page to rank for search terms, it also has to have enough information for Google to understand it and determine who will benefit from the information and/or product/service etc.
3. You don't have to understand SEO but it helps if you do. Some site owners will provide us with content and ask us to suggest changes to help with the SEO. The more writing you do on your subject, the more you read about search engine optimization and the more you pay attention to the stats, the better you'll get at this. Our team puts a lot of time and effort into researching SEO and applying it to our programs.
4. Try to "step back" from your business when you write content. It's hard to edit your own writing or get outside of your own head space. Ask for an external perspective on topics you write about – especially ones that you’re passionate about. If you’re writing articles that you want the general public to read, it may be best to approach them in a general way.
As a third party, an external writing team can be objective in topic selection, writing style, and editing when you need them to be. For this reason and others listed above, there are definite benefits to hiring a professional content writing service to help you use your blog for SEO. For content editing services and content writing services that can help your blog become a better SEO tool, contact our team at SilverServers.